When I was in middle school my good friend Carla moved to Seattle. Around the same time our next door neighbors also moved. The Humke's weren't just neighbors they were part of our family. After college I was they one who started moving. Along the way I have made so many friends and said so many sad farewells that it is overwhelming to think about. On the very bright side, I have friends all over the country. These friends keep in touch and continue to be a part of my life if even at a distance.
Now, as the Hercun's move, our friends will span to Canada! The only thing harder about this good bye is trying to explain to Drew why his "best buddy" is leaving. Of all the things I wish for my children I wish them many friendships throughout their life.
We will certainly miss Deb, Jason, Carter and Avery. During the past few years, we went from being mothers of one to mothers of two. We tackled sleep challenges and sassy kids. We had two little boys who we thought would NEVER share and now they can actually play with the same toy at the same time. We spent holidays together. We went from not knowing many people to having the best friends any girl could ask for. Even better we all had fun as couples! My favorite thing about my friends in Texas is how much we laugh.
I'll be missing you Deb!