Thursday, February 5, 2009

Be Green With Me...

So I have been slacking on the blog front. The tendonitis that I have in my elbows really limits my time on the computer and usually bill paying wins over blogging.

We had a great Thanksgiving, as you can see from my awesome turkey! Tom's family all came to visit and we had a great time. We even had our Christmas tree up by the end of the weekend. My sister-in-law went early morning shopping with me the day after Thanksgiving. We had lots of fun, although it was mostly laughing at the women who seriously showered and got ready for 5am shopping!

Christmas was also a blast. We had my famliy down and had lots of people to fill our home. It was a treasure as I do enjoy spending the holidays in my own home. The warm weather doesn't hurt either! If I could bottle our weather and sell it I would make lots of $$$$ --65 and sunny today with no humidity.

In January we went back to WI to celebrate the life of my grandmother , Jeanne. She passed before Christmas at the age of 94 and ALWAYS looked many, many years younger. If you follow with link to my sister's blog she has a picture of my gradma posted and Kim looks just like her! We are hoping we all share her genes of longevity.

I had Drew's teacher conference yesterday and the teachers talked lots about his compassion for others. We adore his teachers and his school :)

Jack continues to be a little chatterbox. Yesterday he was eating cereal and I ran upstairs to get something. I came back down to him with his socks on his hands and he was still eating. He told me that he put his gloves on!

So to my title... Be green with me. It isn't that hard. We try to do little things at our house. Buy the canvas grocery bags. At first you will forget them, but a year later I rarely forget them. I even bought these great canvas produce bags. Unplug your unused appliances--you will see a difference in your electric bill.