Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas!






We had a wonderful and very busy Christmas. We went back to WI for a week before the holiday. The kids were spoiled rotten by our family. We were able to enjoy the snow and go sledding. My blood is thin and I was happy to return to 65 degree weather in TX.

During this time of year I am always amazed at the strength and faith of the families I care for in the NICU, both past and present. It is hard to believe that some of the first babies I cared for are now 10 years old! Have I really been a nurse for that long? I also continue to cherish relationships of those whose children did not make it. It is their faith and strength that amazes me the most. One of the best gifts I received this year was a card from a current patient. Their compliments and thanks mean the world to me and remind me why I continue to do what I do. Though I don't work as much as I used to it continues to be a huge part of me. Please remember all NICU families in your prayers this holiday season.